Thinking About Buying a Car? Here are 3 Advantages for Both New and Used

new car dealer

When it comes to car buying, it really depends on everyone's individual situation and personal preference. Just because one person buys a brand new car doesn't mean it's wrong for someone else to buy a used car. They both have their advantages, and there are great car dealerships out there that can accommodate anyone.

Most people know exactly what will work best for them after a quick look at their bank statement. However, for people in the middle of the road, it can be hard to choose between going new or used.

Here are advantages of buying a used car:

  1. Save Money -- It's no secret that used cars are less expensive than new ones. That's how the world works. Again, it depends on your situation, because what's cheap for someone might be expensive for someone else. If saving money is your goal, used cars are the way to go. If you need assistance, a general rule of thumb is that you shouldn't pay more than 20% of your take-home monthly pay.

  2. Insurance Rates -- If you're not careful, you can get hit with high sticker shock insurance prices. But if you do your research before you buy, talk with your used car dealer, and call around for insurance, you should be able to get a great rate.

  3. Stress Free -- Sure, you don't want anything to happen to anything you own. But having a used car that's seen a few scratches and dents in its day isn't always a bad thing, either. If you have to park on a busy city street all day, then it's actually better to have a used car. Parking a brand new car and leaving it unattended can cause some serious panic attacks. On the other hand, a car that you plan on upgrading in a few years won't give you as much stress.

Depending on your financial situation, how often you drive, and just the kind of person you are, maybe you want to work with a new car dealer to find the perfect vehicle. Here are a few advantages of buying a new car:

  1. Get What You Want -- Having the ability to order anything you want is an exciting part of the car-buying process. It's important to do plenty of research before you make these major decisions, too. Roughly 52% of car-buyers don't even know what make or model they want before they arrive at new car dealerships. You should -- like the other 48% of buyers -- spend one to three months shopping around and figuring out what you want before you make any decisions.

  2. Newest Accessories -- If you're buying a new car because you like the newest gadgets, you're in luck. It's 2016 and it seems like a new technological breakthrough happens in the automobile industry every few weeks. Every new car from here on out will feel like you're driving a spaceship.

  3. Safety -- Along with all the cool new features and accessories new vehicles offer, engineers and scientists have been using their skills to focus on improving the safety and fuel efficiency of every single new vehicle on the road.

If you're looking for a used or new car dealer that has quality vehicles in Iowa, contact Deery Brothers of Ames Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram today!

Categories: News
`